Skilled Regional Work Visa 491
Topics on this page
- What are the Eligibility Requirements for Visa 491?
- How Will be Points Given For The Subclass 491 Visa?
- Regions to Apply for Australia Visa 491?
- Benefits of Australia Visa 491
- Regional Subclass 491 Visa Fees
- Australia 491 Visa Documents Checklist
- When Will You Be Invited For 491 Visa?
- How Can 491 Visa Leads to Permanent Residency of Australia?
Skilled Regional Work Visa 491
The New Skilled Work Regional (provisional)subclass 491 is a major replacement that has been made in place of visa subclass 489. This visa category is an apt choice for the skilled professionals and their families who wish to live, work and study in the regional areas of Australia for a period of 5 years. Well, it is not a type of permanent residency visa, however, visa 491 can be converted into a permanent visa post living there for 3 years.
In order to apply under this visa subclass, you need to meet to 2 conditions such as:
- You must achieve a nomination certificate from an Australian State or territory or,
- You must be sponsored by any eligible family member who’s currently residing in a designated regional area of Australia, followed by submission of Expression of Interest in the online Skill Select System.
Visa 491 is a point-tested and a skilled visa that can help you enter the castle of success with great ease. All you need to do is meet the eligibility requirements such as the 45 age limit, a positive outcome of the skills assessment in the occupation listed in the skilled occupation list of Australia and many more, if you land into the world of opportunities with great ease.
What are the Eligibility Requirements for Visa 491?
Applicants applying for visa Subclass 491 must meet the below mentioned requirements to become eligible for visa subclass 491:
- You must be under 45 years of age at the time of visa lodgment
- You must have a positive skill assessment.
- You must have decent English language score.
- You must have relevant full-time work experience in a nominated occupation listed on relevant SOL List Australia
- You must agree to live and work in a regional area for at least five years. You must live, work and study only in regional areas and if employer sponsored then only in nominated position.
- You may move only between the designated regional areas.
- You must agree to complete at least three years in a designated regional area to become eligible for applying different visa categories.
- You must meet health and character requirements
How Will be Points Given For The Subclass 491 Visa?
Australia immigration department follows a point based system of immigrating the skilled applicants and therefore, this new visa Visa 491 will be no different. In fact, there is a revised points system introduced by the department for the 491 visa that will let you earn extra points towards overall Australia PR Points score:
With the new Australia PR point system, you will get:
- 15 points for a nomination from family or regional part of a state/territory
- 10 points for Masters or PhD level Australian qualification in specific areas (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics- STEM)
- You will be awarded 10 points if any of the requirements are met:
- You have a skilled partner or spouse with under 45 years of age having positive skill assessment in an occupation on the same demand list as you and Competent English; or
- You have a de facto partner or spouse; or
- You are single
- You will be awarded 5 points if your partner can demonstrate competent English
The other Australia Points requirement will be on the basis of age, qualification, work experience, language ability for Visa 491
Regions to Apply for Australia Visa 491
The designated areas of Australia are any part of the country excluding Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Perth and Melbourne. Just like the visa 489, the regions of Newcastle, Wollongong and the NSW Central Coast will be designated regional areas.
This visa may be only applied for by holders of the new Subclass 491 and Subclass 494 Visa. The Minister for Immigration, Citizenship and Multicultural Affairs David Coleman states, “The new subclass 491 visa replicates many existing general requirements for permanent residence, and most other visas, including security, health and character requirements.”
Benefits of Australia Visa 491
As 491 visa is a provisional visa which gives you priority to live and work in Australia, although the visa grant you some of major benefits as summarized given below:
- You can apply for Australia permanent residency visa that further will allow you to stay for indefinite time period.
- More eligible occupations are available under 491 visa.
- The regional 491 visa facilitates you to live for 5 years on a temporary basis.
- Apart from Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, rest all the regional territories are considered in Australia 491 visa.
- You can get additional 15 points on Australia point test through Subclass 491 visa.
- You can enroll for healthcare and Medicare facilities.
- You can access to more regional occupations jobs compared with non-regional occupational demand lists.
Regional Subclass 491 Visa Fees
The visa cost for 491 visa may change at any time without prior notice and the cost of your visa application totally rely on the date you 491 visa application received. If it happens that there is increase in the charges of visa application, then you need to pay the required amount.
The entire 491 visa fees have to be paid in Australian dollars (AUD) terms. Fees have to pay either through Debit card or through credit card. For main applicant, the 491 visa costs around AUD 4045 and the same fees is for Subsequent applicants.
However, you have to pay required fees amount for Medical Examination, police check fees and other mandatory required amount.
Australia 491 Visa Documents Checklist
It is mandatory to furnish all the document credentials under the Subclass 491 visa. Submission of accurate documents eases you to complete entire process within time period. Keep in mind the following points before you are going to submit your documents:
- Documents that are submitted must be properly scanned and uploaded.
- The submitted documents must be certified from the original copies.
- No original documents should be attached with your 491 visa application without any permission of Australia immigration authority.
- The documents that are not in English, it should be provide through accredited English translations.
You must carry out following documents while applying for Regional Subclass 491 visa:
- Identity documents to prove your personal details.
- Relationship documents that is to show your relation with spouse.
- Character documents which proves that you are in good character.
- Competent English documents like IELTS or PTE results.
- Partner documents if your partner sponsors you.
- Documents related to Skill Assessment test.
- Expression of Interest (EOI) documents.
- Educational credentials in order to prove you have gained education from recognized institution.
- Sponsor documents to show that an eligible relative sponsors you.
- Nomination documents in order to prove you are being nominated from designated regional territory of Australia.
Thus, Documents plays a pivotal role while your process for 491 visa is under process. Make sure to gather and collect all required documents to gain Regional 491 visa.
To know your occupation is in demand go through Visa 491 Occupation Demand List
The other occupation list are
When Will You Be Invited For 491 Visa?
The Australian Immigration department will give preference in the following hierarchical order:
- Preference will be first given to the applicants having skilled partner or applicant without a partner
- Second preference will be given to the applicant having a partner with competent English (do not have the skills for skilled partner points)
- Third preference will be given to the applicant with a partner who is ineligible for either competent English or Skilled partner points
How Can 491 Visa Leads to Permanent Residency of Australia?
The visa subclass 491 is a five-year visa and as discussed above after meeting the eligible requirements you can access permanent residence through the subclass 191 (Permanent Residence (skilled regional) )
when the following requirements are met:
- You have live, worked or studies in a designated area for at least 3 years on a visa 491
- You have the earnings of at least $53,900 for three years.
How Aptech visa Can Help You
Prepare professional file
Apply for skill assessment
Our Success Stories
Direct ITA For Canada PR Visa
This is in regard to my journey with Aptechvisa Services. I have experienced here were so far better and I already recommended my multiple friends to them because I can trust their words. I got Aptech visa reference through one of my best friend and today I am in Canada and this all happened just because of Aptech visa.
Mr. Varun TanejaRead More.
Got ITA After Getting Ontario Nomination Approval, Appreciated Aptech
This is a time to appreciate the performance of Aptech visa. True, Genuine, professional and what not, this is the immigration consultancy to whom we can trust blindly. Due to my age factor I did not score well but more than 400 and this made myself eligible for Ontario and my consultant worked hard in my profile and made it true.
Gaurav GuptaRead More.
Overwhelmed With The Assistance Received by Aptech Visa
Hope you all are reading my message with Great Spirit. I would rate Aptech 10 out of 10. In between of my application, I have faced a lot of issues in arranging documents but everything went well and there was a continuous support of Aptech which motivated me everything and today I am in Canada, Ontario. Thank you Aptech
Gaurav Kumar SinghRead More.
Best Immigration Consultancy, Achieved my Dream, Successfully Settled in Canada Now
Aptech is the best immigration consultant and the staff is of very friendly nature. Since I was there in US, so it was very difficult for me to coordinate with them but they always answered my queries very promptly and meantime, my father was there every time to support me. With the help of Aptech and my father, we got our PR visa for Canada. I am feeling so lucky to be associated with Aptech.
Harshit SaxenaRead More.
I am Very Much Delighted to Choose Aptech to Fulfill my Immigration Dream
Here we would like to Thank you Aptech visa for all the assistance and help which we have received in our Canada PR visa application throughout the process. They helped me a lot in every manner and it would be an honor if I would say something good about Aptech visa. You guys are really hard working.
Harshit SaxenaRead More.
Amazing Assistance got by Aptech Global Resultant I am Settled in Canada Now
Mine was the wonderful journey with Aptech throughout the process. I enjoyed working with them and I would really recommend Aptech to all of you. I have also given a lot of references and in future also will try to refer Aptech to all my known and relatives.
Megha AroraRead More.
Got my Tourist Visa Within Short Span of Time, Thank you Aptech Visa
My son has applied for PR visa through Aptech and then he decided to apply for my tourist visa from Aptech only and you can’t believe that I got my visa within 24 hours after applying for the online application. I would really appreciate the work out done by Aptech Global in our applications. Keep working hard guys.
Usha JindalRead More.
I am very glad that I have opted Aptech for fulfilling my immigration need
Due to some corrections in my passport, it took more time for me to get the visa but Aptech handled all the things very precisely and smartly. They keep on coordinating with High Commission for my application and did all the conversation on time. Thank you for supporting me.
Tenzin YegaRead More.